1. Retrace your steps.
2. Retrace your steps AGAIN, this time try to stay calm.
3. Leave your name and number where you were last.
4. Call your bank and report your cards lost, verify the last purchases.
5. Update your Facebook status for sympathy from your friends.
6. Make a list of what you need to replace to avoid surprises down the road (ex. insurance cards).
7. Plan to visit the DMV and pray your photo is better than the last.
8. Hope that someone will return it!
9. Get over it and begin shopping for a new wallet.
Did I miss anything? I confess I called my parents and cried between 3 and 4. Has this ever happened to you? Such a horrible feeling.
Thankfully I don't carry much cash on me ("cash is gross" - one of my BFFs) and I typically keep gift cards at home unless I plan on using them that day. I'm more upset about the actual wallet that was a gift from my parents many years ago. If you made it this far, thanks for listening. I'm hoping someone will do the right thing and contact me. I have returned a purse, IDs, credit cards...karma!